Maybe I'm changing my tune now about the covid vaccine. It just goes to show how opinions can change depending on exposure to something. With no exposure I was skeptical. With the virus threatening to come home it's safe to say my opinion has softened a little.
My daughter continues to work in a care home where she has been told "covid is rife". Not only that threat to herself but the number of deaths of patients she has gotten to know is affecting her. Of course we are also concerned she may bring it home given this news. But she is also not the best at adhering to things which concerns us more. She did get a test yesterday as she does weekly with the result on a Monday. There is that but it's still a concern.
It's a stark reminder that this virus is still spreading and people are still dying. It's easy to forget when it doesn't touch you. I have to admit I had fallen out the routine of washing my hands cominf in from being out. I've not been distancing when passing people. This has been a kick up the backside really but that said it's out of our hands. I really do feel it's only a matter of time for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment