Sunday, 13 December 2020

168 Twelve days

 




" Twelve days "

Some sums I can't do. Some sums I can't be bothered doing. Some sums hurt my head just contemplating them. Those sums that are on a knife edge sort of. It's the simple ones like how many sleeps to Christmas appearing to be a day more. It's the one out ones. Example, this simple puzzle:

"A bat and ball costs £1.10. The bat costs £1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?"

£0.10 surely. If it was "Who wants to be a millionaire?" that would be a £100 question. And yet my answer is wrong. It's 5p. 5p for the ball and £1.05 for the bat. Not so simple it would seem.

Anyway my wife tells me its 12 days before Christmas and I'll accept that. It's time to put up decorations finally. It's time to feel Christmassy. Yes I know that's not a word though I was convinced a few years aho that the second line of "Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree" was "You are so green and Christmassy". Wrong but I still feel my lyrics are better. Anyway decorations up and some Christmas songs on. Not in anyone's face. Just quietly in the background for the kids. 

No comments: