Friday, 11 December 2020

Deer

 


Out walking today today again with my wife and the dog to our usual quiet place. It is so calming. Sometimes I am reluctant prior but usually glad when I am out and reluctant even at times to return. But in terms of blogging there is not a lot to say about a quiet gentle walk in which nothing happens and certainly not for the 4th, 5th or 10th time. It is though all that broke up an otherwise slow deer.

Perspective is a strange thing. Even now I cannot understand why a big glowing moon before me looks like a pinprick behind the lens. Likewise with wildlife. I see so much, snap and later look back to find nothing. Take this deer. Its OK but should be much better. This is blown up and still not clear. Yet to the naked eye it looked maybe 20ft away. We were separated by a small stream so it didn't panic and instead just lazily observed me knowing I could do it no harm. The dog didn't bother it either. 

I miss my camera. I'm hoping soon to start using it again. Obviously not for here until I've finished my 365 thing but in time. So many wasted opportunities. 

No comments: