Wednesday, 16 December 2020

Family

  





It is a testament to just how cluttered and out of date our pinboard is in the kitchen that when I decided to de-clutter it I found lots of old things buried within. Mostly there are old take away menus from places no longer trading and bills long paid as well as information no longer relevant. Its easier to pin up than take down it would seem. There are even some old newspaper clippings. Not really anything of note, worth keeping or really making a blog post about.

Except that is for the drawing above. I'm 90% sure my younger girl drew it. I don't know when that was but given the boy has a milk bottle here and is at high school now I'd guess at least 8 years ago. Oh to go back to those days when things were simpler. It's a great drawing which says more than I could write in a small post- for example why the artist in question is angry while the rest are happy. But I won't. There is a point I think where you have to keep things private and that is that I wanted to say in this post. There are things going on in this little family unit and more with extended family that I won't go into despite being factors in our life at the moment. I guess my point is that I just wanted to say is that the picture I paint here is not the whole picture and I think that is generally the case with all bloggers. Sometimes the picture is better than the truth and the words behind it. 

No comments: