There was a tragic crash last week or the week before ar this point resulting in the loss of a few lives. Tragic at any time of year. It happened in the early morning when the build up to rush hour starts and no other cars were involved. I have no connection to it but mention it only because when I heard about it I could picture the place but had not been there in a while. Obviously today I managed as far as there but only briefly as I was well out my comfort zone so was quick to scamper back home.
When I heard of where this accident had happened it brought back a memory. I remember one day walking past here a few years ago and sitting down on the bench fir a rest. It's not something I am prone to do as I generally like to keep moving. I think I had taken a few pictures of the monument there and sat down. After doing so and flicking through either my phone or images on my camera I was aware of something sitting beside me. It was a little A5 black book. I opened it and the first 30 pages or so were blank I was going to stop flicking when suddenly appeared pencil scribblings. As I moved through some were numbers, others formulas and others still were sketches. It intrigued me so much I was going to put the book in my bag. I was paranoid about looking through it outside.
Anyway in the end despite wanting to know what it was about I placed it back on the bench. It felt important. It felt like someone would really miss it. I quickly looked again for a name or number but nothing was there so I placed it back again. I then reluctantly left hoping that the owner would turn up there glad it was still where he/she had left it. It still bothers me though. I wish I had at least taken some pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment