Thursday, 3 December 2020

158 Forty Nine

 




" Forty nine "

Today was my birthday and for the last time I can enjoy being in my 40s. Cards appeared which was a surprise and very grateful I was too. Both from my wife's side of the family. My siblings don't send cards and my parents don't talk to us any more so that is the way it is.

Cards are a dying breed but I feel the process doesn't help itself in this era of emails, WhatsApp and zoom calls. Cards can be expensive and with the Royal Mail again hiking the price of stamps I cannot see the point any more. Let's face it we are a lazier race now so why not fire off a virtual greeting for free which will arrive the second its sent as opposed to paying for sonetjibg you gave to go out to send and may not even arrive-- on time or ever.

A quiet day at home. Wife was working so I got the kids a take away which was something. Where does the time go? 

No comments: