Wednesday, 2 December 2020

157 Vaccine

 




" Vaccine "

In years to come people may look back on today as the turning point. Today a vaccine for covid19 was announced and we all celebrated. Its what we gave craved. And if it has a Ronseal moment then it could very well be a historic day. A day where we moved metaphorically from the shortest day towards the longest again. I do really hope this is the turning point.

I will say I am a little skeptical though or at least not without concern. It bothers me that as soon as one vaccine appears suddenly there are several others. We know this is a lucrative business and as such all concerned are desperate to be the main dispenser. It concerns me also that it's impossible to predict long term effects. It worries me that the young who are virtually unaffected might be forced to inject something which might have a detrimental affect later in life. I'm just not convinced this is the turning point. I sense a whiff of short term plaster about this. I hope I am wrong. 

No comments: