My wife was all ready for work. She has a second job now working for the same company as our daughter but not in a care home. She had collected the car and dressed to go when after disappearing to see the oldest she returned to say the oldest had received a positive covid result. The day I have been dreading. As always the test was Friday so she has been positive for at least 4 days at that time. The message said we all must isolate. Its the second time of forced isolation but the previous time there was no positive test at our end at least.
I won't lie I am not good with these things. I got a bottle of malt for my birthday at the start of the month and so poured one dram to take the edge off. It did its job. My wife had to cancel her shifts and arrange for someone to pick up the car. Our daughter was due in work that night but obviously can't which has upset her. Right in time for Christmas too which has put my wife's plans up in the air.
This is the news we have been dreading yet expecting. Track and trace said isolation starts from Monday so we are indoors until the 29th. So they say but I'm not having it. My daughter was tested before she finished work at 8 am on Friday. That for me is day one, the 18th, so 27th is when it ends all going well. It looks a long way off now.
Aside from that though the main thing is we all stay safe. My daughter appears fine and we are taking all the precautions but I fear she is going to be harder to contain than her sister. As of today she has shown no symptoms so I'm hopeful the test is wrong. We have all been OK too so far. Its just the worry of it. It is definitely going to be a Christmas to remember for a mixture of reasons.

No comments:
Post a Comment