Monday, 14 December 2020

169 Rainbows

 




" Rainbows "

I went for a walk today down by David Livingstone Bridge as I had not been down there for a while. Recently I have been pushing one direction. Today I needed a break from the monotony of that. Basically the loop I want to do about 3.5 miles long I started in reverse for a change. Nowhere near doing it all but to be honest progress is better than expected.

David Livingstone Bridge in its current form is in its 3rd incarnation if memory serves me right. Once it wobbled badly but now is sturdy. Once it had a toll. And before all that a boat took people over the water. What we also know of bridges us it's also a place where people go to end their lives unfortunately. As such there is usually a Sanaritans sticker or two. 

Today though there were lots of messages pinned to the bridge along its length. In one area there were lots of flowers too. Sad, very sad. I don't know the story but can guess as you can to. It doesn't need saying. But without knowing specifics it's the same experience for everyone. I walked the bridge, spent 5 minutes at the others side and crossed it again. More people than usual and all to a person reading the messages. And I'd like to think that in itself can help at least one lost soul who is not as alone as they feel.






No comments: