Sunday, 6 December 2020

Reading

 



A brand new Kindle long overdue. My last was my mum's old one and it was on its last legs. It was actually putting me off reading because the display was slow updating and a bit foggy. So much so that the last 2 books I read were paper copies, old style. But now I have a new ereader. It felt nice to unbox something new for myself for the first time in a long while. I do appreciate it more. The irony is it had nothing to do with my improved financial state. I had earned a £50 Amazon voucher playing games which was to go toward Christmas presents but no longer required. And I got another voucher for my birthday.

I feel like a kid with a new toy. There are a few books I really wanted to read and with the excess from the vouchers I can get some if those too. Also though not having to play these games to earn vouchers now means I have time to read. That is all part of recovery in its own way and I look forward to it. 

No comments: