![]() |
Finally after 9 months without one I have a laptop. Well a Chromebook actually. Today was meant to be spent setting it up but the truth is it just about set itself up. All good on that score. The day was instead familiaring myself with it. Its more foreign than I expected but now feel I know what I am doing.
I do worry I may have rushed in though. I went to plug in my external hard drive to get all my old files and found there are no USB slots. In fact there is not a lot of anything just 2 usb-c ports and I have nothing to plug into them. I then realised also that meant no card reader which is frustrating given it comes with Lightroom but I have no way to transfer files from my phone. And some apps are not available. Annoying.
It's a different philosophy I suppose and one happening all over. Music, films and TV have all moved to steaming meaning we no longer need physical copies but rent what we need when we need it. Gaming is moving the same way. Computing also has gone cloud based. It means with no need for storage these devices are thin and quiet and the battery lasts longer. I can, via an adapter, access my files later but long term it dies pose the question as to whether we need so much space. We all have 1000s of photos and lots of videos that mostly sit doing nothing. It probably makes more sense to cut down. Time will tell.

No comments:
Post a Comment