Sunday, 27 December 2020

182 Day ten

 




" Day ten "

As far as I'm concerned quarantine is over but my wife and daughter are having none of it. NHS Scotland told them the 29th as care home workers for some reason need 2 days extra. Not for me. 10 days since a positive test which according to the WHO is plenty so I'm cutting loose.

That said we were reminded tonight on our first visit to the shops since isolation that covid is still lurking. My wife was telling the checkout lady about our quarantine and asked her how her Christmas had been. Not great. Her brother was in intensive care and had been for 5 weeks. He'd developed a cough and then one day could not get out of bed. Off to hospital and on to a ventilator. Just like that. It's scary. It's so easy to forget that hospitals are filling up again. People are dying and those who are not are having a hell of a time of it. This though is just the tip of the iceberg.

Although quarantine is over I am still wary because although my daughter should now be clear there is no guarantee we have not picked it up in between. Only time will. And if all is OK over the coming week then I fear my daughter going back to work again into a care home which appears to be a hotbed for covid. I do worry about her then getting another positive test. More so since this new strain appears to be more contagious. We can only hope that at some point this is just a bad memory. For many though it will forever be more tragic than that. 

No comments: