It's been a strange old Christmas for sure if for nothing else because I spent it with my family. If someone had told me a year ago I'd be doing it then I would have assumed another recovery and I'd gone up North with them. I wouldn't have thought we'd be spending it at home. Certainly not have expected it to be in isolation on the eve of a lockdown with a daughter carrying a virus guilty of causing a pandemic. This is how it was.
Strangely as it turns out it was the best Christmas for a while. We had none of the usual dramas with the kids seemingly happy with their lot. And at least it was enjoyed together. Usually I am alone and although I never say it I do feel alone. But while it was fine for me and the kids it was hard for my wife. Its her first Christmas without her mum and wanting to spend it with her dad and sisters she was instead absent.
It is what it is though. I hope the people who couldn't spend this period with loved ones can do next year. It's been tough for everyone but for a large number it will be Christmas without people gone throughout the year. I hope there are better times ahead for them.

No comments:
Post a Comment