Whether it was a general tidy up or painting rooms or looking for stuff one word always comes to mind: shoes. God knows how many pairs there are in our home. Under sofas, in bags, under beds, in drawers abs do many other places. In every room. And one thing occurred to me further and that is that of all the pairs only one belong to me. Well there is a cheap dress pair from the supermarket somewhere bought for a celebration party but also with a view to use for job interviews at a time I actualky thought that might be a thing. Strangely that was only a few years ago. I have a couple of cheap shirts and ties also bought for the same reason still in their packing. Aside from those once worn faux leather efforts I have one pair of shoes which I always wear but are now falling apart.
They were not cheap but bought with a third off and have lasted 2 years. That is incredible given the miles I walk and that they are all I wear. But the now leak. And a my socks have holes. And it's uncomfortable. This is the time I would usually open a brand new pair of shoes still in the box that my wife has bought me 6 months or a year previous. I once had boots from my parents which sat in a box for almost 2 years. There are no boxes this time. I just have to keep wearing these for now which were actually black once. I might have to look into seeing if I can get them resolved or repaired but can't grumble as they have served me well.

No comments:
Post a Comment