Wednesday, 25 November 2020

Self Isolation

  





Like everyone else on the planet I have had the fear of contracting Covid19. So far it has been in another place from my little world so it has not been an issue. Now it is. Middle child had said a girl she hung about with at school had tested positive. I hoped we could wing it but on Monday I got a call and it turned out to be the school. Daughter had been identified as coming into contact and so was to isolate for 14 days starting from last Friday when the girl got the test. Obviously concern number one is that she is positive too. Secondary is that we are next. 

I'd love to say we set her up in the West Wing and will see her hopefully fit and well in 10 days time or so. Unfortunately we live in a small flat. It's impossible to avoid contact. Also because she is is set up in one bedroom for this period my wife and I have to sleep on a couch each in the living room. Small sacrifices of course in comparison to people losing loved ones. It's just to point out its not the same for all. We have to allow her some time out with a mask for her own mental health but generally she will be stuck in a room for over a week.

She has been given a lot of school work today but we have nothing to do it on given my lack of working laptops. I'm hoping the school might help us out there. It's not ideal. It's times like this I wished we had a house and a garden but we don't. And as I said before we are thankful that we not only have each other but are relatively untouched by this virus so far. We have more to be thankful for than a lot of others. Still though it's far from great. 

No comments: