Wednesday, 18 November 2020

Night walks

  





Walking at night brings a calmness that is not there in the day. There are several reasons for that. Mainly its quieter. There is less noise and in the dark less movement. Calm. Closer to sleep time without time anxiety over the long day ahead. More tired, tiredness means less anxious. All round its just a slower less stressful time to walk.

So I have been walking at night to counter the anxiety that is persistent throughout the day at the moment. I need it. If I don't walk late then I don't walk far and soon I don't walk at all. It's not all serene though. Above as you can see it can be menacing also. It's too dark in places, pitch black, and not always free of humans or animals. But those heightened moments are not frequent enough to matter and if I wanted I could take a different route. I don't though. These walks for now are just fine. Just what I need.

Another reason for the late jaunts is to tire myself. I'm not sleeping much of late. I try to push myself in the hope of deep as sleep. All I get though is snatches. Too short and too soon. Over time though I am hoping that doing it constantly will bring about a pattern but deep down know no matter how tired I am the demons still linger. 

No comments: