A pigeon in a box. That is what today was all about sadly. We went out to the shops in the car and noticed a pigeon huddled into the side of the building. When we came back it was still there. I took the bags up stairs while my wife went to investigate and was joined by some other neighbours. There was something wrong with it. The neighbours got a plastic box for it and something warm. My wife called the sspca. They sent someone around.
It was nice to see people working together. To be perfectly honest I would be useless in an animal emergency. I wouldn't know where to start. Thankfully it was not up to me.
Although the troubled bird had better people to look after it the intervention probably came too late. We will never know, maybe thankfully. The sspca girl inspected and noted the bird was riddled with mites as well as showing symptoms of a common brain disease. Don't quote me though as I was not there. But the chances of a good outcome were low. Cest La vie.

No comments:
Post a Comment