Today was one of the better days because today I found a period where I felt free of modern life. As much as I don't like where I live I do like how quickly I can escape it which I could not do at any other point in my life. That said J better enjoy it because new homes keep appearing where nature once lived. My wife is furloughed at present so it has allowed us both to get the dog out in the woods which is great for all 3 of us. Usually we are out for an hour but more often it's much longer.
From my years of walks I've found places more secluded than the usual routes. One of these my wife has dubbed "the secret garden" and will sometimes take the kids there. That is included in our ever increasing route. It's quiet and we never see anyone which is perfect for our scared dog. We can't ever let him fully off the lead but we gave a long training lead which gives him a virtual freedom. It's calming. It feels like we are somewhere else. It's maybe the escape I was looking for the other day.

No comments:
Post a Comment