I'd love to say this little beauty is mine and I am back in full working order but alas I am once again one finger typing this post on my phone. My days of sitting typing away all day on a physical keyboard are long gone. All those years I took for granted are not sat dead in a lifeless pile beside me never to see the light of day again. As I've said previously my "third arm", as my wife calls my laptops, is no more and at least had the ironic know how to dutch me when I needed it most at the start of lockdown. Days have definitely been longer as a result.
This little bit of kit is lovely. I am well impressed. Its s Chromebook which I had not seen before but something the kids are well used to in school. It's fairly quick, clear and incredibly silent. It also doesn't burn and the battery life is tremendous. After years of using Windows tablets I am drawn to this. I tended to use Microsoft for productivity due to decades of MS Office use. But as soon as it moved to a yearly subscription I moved to Google's free equivilant. For a business probably underpowered but Sheets does everything Excel does when it comes to my needs. This little beauty would be perfect.
Sadly it's not mine but maybe one day. It's an educational model and retails at £199 which is 1/5th or less of the latest phones. Even that is out of my range for now but something to aspire to. It is actually on loan from the school who were kind enough to help us out while middle child isolates. One week down on that score and one to go.

No comments:
Post a Comment