Thursday, 25 March 2021

270 Beat the street

 



" Beat the street "

For the first time in over two weeks I went for a walk on the back of yesterday's struggles. It was a bit of a struggle in itself but expected. Along the way I came across two of these boxes. They are to do with an initiative named "Beat the street" which I knew about after reading about it in the local online paper. It's a very good idea. It basically turns a town into a game designed to get adults and kids alike to walk, run or cycle around a map. It's UK wide and they move it from town to town. As far as I know you sign up, get a fog and then traverse the map registering your fob at each box. There are prizes also as incentive.

I really wish this had either come out a few years ago or I was able to walk those distances today. I would love to do this with the boy to get him away from his PlayStation for a bit. And also push me on. Unfortunately looking at the map two boxes are all I can manage at the minute of the sixty give which is a pity. Part of me though wants to see just how many I could push myself to do. It's an option. 

No comments: