Friday, 19 March 2021

264 Election

 



" Election "

The poll cards came through the door today for my wife and I suddenly making the Scottish election real. In the muggy days of pandemic nothing seems to happen with even Brexit flying mostly under the radar. Here in Scotland though elections kick off in May and its going to be strange not having to avoid answering the door or passing filling lungs on soap boxes. I've never been political so won't start now but have had more an an ear to the ground in the past 7 years since sitting up all night watching the Independence referendum returns. This time I am fully engaged but ironically feeling my choice is not my own.

Anyway for now I won't go into that. A few years back I voted for the first time in a very long time. In fact I think I voted on two separate occasions. This time I don't feel up to it. I expect the process to involve a longer wait and queuing. So now I must look into the process of postal voting. It seems the only way. At a glance it involves filling out a form online but I have no idea whether that has to be printed out which I can't do. It's my job for today. Without going into detail I will be voting tactically and at this point don't know who for but it could mean breaking a teenage promise. If so that would say a lot about the alternative. 

No comments: