Friday, 26 March 2021

271 Roamin' in the gloamin'

 



" Roamin' in the gloamin' "

Well at least I thought I was. The dark has always been a good time for me since my anxiety problems started but even more so since lockdown. That said I have never been completely at ease. I heard the founder of "the Big Issue" say the other week he likes to put headphones on and have a long walk in the dark. I couldnt do it minus a sense I have to say. I need my ears to keep me safe. That particular conversation led to the other people, all female, saying they don't feel safe in the dark. This was before the recent vigils Following the murder of Sarah Everard. Its not a safe place for a line person for sure.

With the dog though its easier. He is an alarm, a fairly loud one. I do like those last walks and more so since the world is mostly uninhabited at that time. I have always referred to this in my head ad Roamin in the gloamin but it appears I have been mistaken. The gloaming in Scots is twilight or dusk, not pitch black. It even led me to discovering dusk comes after the light of twilight has gone when I thought they were the same thing. Everyday is a school day for me. 

No comments: