Friday, 12 March 2021

257 Village

 




" Village "

It feels like there is a cause for something new each day to me. Some I get, some don't. But the fact there are so many would suggest there is something wrong with society at its root. If nothing else a disagreement on conduct. I understand the purpose of protest, I do, but is it working? I feel not. And I don't think any gestures hand in hand is going to change that any more than someone changing their Facebook profile picture to stand in unity. The latter is very much, for me, an empty gesture which changes nothing. I feel it can only come from education at home and unfortunately there I don't see that changing either. And if anything with the rise of abuse on social media platforms by nameless faceless entities I can instead only see it getting worse. We need to work out what is right and what is wrong and teach it but where do you start?

My aunt and uncle live in a village of no more than 300 people. Everyone knows everyone else. I like that. I don't have it but I'd love that. There is accountability I would say and more than that community. I feel we have lost that community somewhere along the way. Even outwith villages with no law presence as their used to be there feels like a sort of anarchy growing. With no national service even it could be said that direction and discipline earned from a younger age is never discovered. I just feel these are not the best of times. I do feel like something in society is fractured unfortunately and it may take a very long time to fix. 

No comments: