Sunday, 7 March 2021

252 Suspect package

 



" Suspect package "

I've had to have a word with my working daughter as she seems to think you just order something online and it appears in your room. Having gone from having no money to having a great deal of money for a 17 year old every month it's not surprising that she likes to spend it. The trouble is she keeps ordering stuff and I am the one continually having to get it for fear it will be left on a doorstep unattended. 3 separate deliveries one morning. So I was not surprised when today a chap at the door revealed another left parcel for me to bring in. Before I had another rant though I noticed something strange. The address was correct but the name was new.

The name was unique enough that my wife located the young girl on Facebook and contacted her. While my wife was at work the girl and a friend appeared at the door. I went upstairs, got the package which appeared to be footwear and handed them to the friend as the girl had disappeared. Strange. Stranger still later when I told my wife she seemed bemused as she had received no reply so had not provided our address. There might be some reasonable explanation for this but it's all a bit suspect. Hopefully that is an end to it but there is a part of me concerned something is not right. 

No comments: