Sunday, 14 March 2021

259 Mothers day

 



" Mothers day "

I felt sorry for the youngest two kids this morning. They got up unusually early and even more unusually went to the shops. They were gone a long while. Finally they arrived home looking a bit gutted and empty handed. They'd gone for a card and flowers and could get neither. I should have known. Yesterday there were queues outside the shop which had me fearing lockdown measures again across the board but now I see it was to stop crowding around mothers day stuff. As always I should of acted earlier but in my defence my suggestions days before fell on deaf ears.

But it all turned out OK. Instead they made their own card as they sometimes do and my wife appreciated that more than a store bought one. Later I got her a bottle of something to celebrate from the kids. And the oldest outshone everyone with a beautiful bracelet she picked and bought herself which my wife appreciated more than her staple of perfume and/or scented candles. All turned out well. 

No comments: