Once a hub it is now dead. The centre of town. Glasgow Road, the main road from town into the big city. Dead. I was the only person there, on foot at least. Plenty of people in cars passing through but no one stopping except for at traffic lights. Nowhere open so no reason really to linger. I'd like to say its down to lock down but that is only a part. It was a ghost town before then. Old photos circulate of crowds and happy faces and night life. Nothing now and I fear after lock down still nothing. Businesses shut forever, the ones not crushed the first time around by the arrival of the big supermarket. I wonder how many town centres will go the same way given the shift in lock down to shopping online. I wonder if things ever will be the same again. I seriously doubt it.

No comments:
Post a Comment