Thursday, 11 March 2021

256 Discarded

 



" Discarded "

On my walks over the past few years I have become increasingly bemused as to why so many items are discarded. Aside from the obvious eyesores the present it also seems like a hell of a lot of waste. I don't know if I am noticing them more or people are topping more but I have noticed an increase for sure. Bikes, scooters, clothes and so many other things. Once someone cared enough to part with money for them and now the are no longer wanted.

I had an urge to create a list and value it just to see a rough value. It's what scrap yards are built on. It's why a rag and bone man weekly came around my street when I was young. Yet these are fading things of yesteryear. In this throwaway society no-one wants second hand. Or at least the majority don't. There are still enough charity shops to suggest there is a requirement. In time though that even may fade too. 

No comments: