Wednesday, 17 March 2021

School Day

  




A quarter of a year had passed since the last normal school day. So long ago I had to ask as I could not remember. The younger girl has been back doing a 2 or 3 days a week, depending on the week, for the last few weeks. The boy though told me his last day had been December. That is quite a gap. I didn't realise it had been so long. This pandemic period has made time skewed and I think most of us will look back trying to find what happened in periods of lost time. Yesterday though he returned for one day a week until Easter when the plan is to have all school children back full time. Today was a taste of that. He really enjoyed seeing friends he had not seen for so long but as its staggered there are some he still will not see for another month. Its a start though.

It was a great coincidence that it coincided with an unusually warm bright day. It was good to see kids smiling walking back from school in the sun. Maybe some glimmer of a turn in the fight against covid. Or maybe not. Only time will tell but it felt like a start. 

No comments: