Monday, 22 March 2021

267 Shopping relaxation

 



" Shopping relaxation "

There is a definite feeling that the rules in my local supermarket are easing with regards to covid protection. More than that there is a sense that its permanent. Slowly normality is returning and I doubt restrictions will return unless something unforeseen happens which is unlikely. Two things were apparent tonight. No longer is one aisle the sole place to queue at the checkout socially distance while a member of staff orchestrates the till matching. That is made clear in the photo above. The other though is my pet hate- face masks are no longer enforced. I saw many people without masks tonight and no one at the entrance challenging as they had been. What gets under my skin most is it always seems to be the biggest loudmouth fog horn that is mask less. The one that everyone in the store hears no matter where you are. The one wanting to be challenged, craving the confrontation.

What I did realise tonight is how social distance has actually been helping me without realising it. I've not felt that anxiety at checkouts I used to feel. That was until tonight. Tonight we started to unpack the trolley right behind someone and likewise the person behind was breathing down my neck. I felt hemmed in. Just an observation. Also though it was a reminder to myself to use self service if required. That is less claustrophobic for sure so that is what I will do if I'm on my own. 

No comments: