Saturday, 20 March 2021

265 Urge

 



" Urge "

I was listening to someone talk about crime and the supernatural and it got me thinking. In this case it was apparently a true story but who an tell. What happened was a man in thd South of England kept having dreams about a certain person. One night driving by a pub he had an urge to go in and do did. Nothing strange inside but then he noticed a missing persons poster if the person in his dreams. He went to the police and told them the story and in the end the person was found. Again there is no proof though in the public domain do you can take it or leave it.

Apologies if I've said this before but it reminded me of an incident at primary school I may have mentioned before. The first of what turned out to be two incidences of our school getting torched meant we spent a few years in a Portakabin. One rainy day the teacher asked me to move to a seat for reasons I cannot recall and I refused- I had a strong unknown urge not to. After several orders and her blowing her top I was on the verge of being sent to the headmaster when a hole opened in the roof and water soaked the chair missing the chairs either side. I remember the disbelief in Ms Smiths face. I remember the surge of adrenaline at the general awe in the classroom.

It was a one off as far as I can recall and no doubt just a series of things luckily coming together. I remember reading about someone who looked into such things and could mostly debunk them. Like sitting in a library, feeling someone's eyes on you and turning to find them staring. The truth is people tend to stare into space in a library. You will find the same in busy buses or trains. Most can be explained but not all. It does make me wonder whether there are some occasions where there is something more. An urge that cannot be explained. 

No comments: