As an insomniac I am always concerned about the amount of light shining from the window in the wee hours. I usually just take the dog out the front at that time and when I look at the many blacked out windows only one has a light. Early this morning I took him for a longer walk in the dark and rain feeling nowhere near sleep. The place was alive. Sound travels at that hour if course but there was so much of it. A mix of merry voices, shout voices, television audio and music among other things. And away from that the even noisier chatter of birds coming from trees. Further down a low hum from the jet wash place. Cars passed locally and large lorries trundled further in lights on the expressway. The world was alive probably because it was the start of the weekend. It was nice. Nice not to be alone at that time for once.

No comments:
Post a Comment