Sunday, 13 September 2020

077 Rats Tale

 



" Rats Tale "

Thankfully I don't have a pic to go with this so the above will have to do. Not sure it comes anywhere near representing a rat. The idea was a way inside from outside I suppose. Not the best I know. At the shops I looked for a toy without success and then looked in other places with equal lack of success. I even came close to photographing my daughter's hamsters hoping if I got the angle right and edited a little I could get away with it. And last of all as the kids had spaghetti for dinner I did consider using a strand in some way to represent a rat's tail. Again though, this will do.

Anyway the reason for all this is recent local news about an upturn in sightings of rats. It's not the first time I have heard about people having bother with them but it is a fairly recent thing. What caught my attention this time though is that the recent story took place at the top of my street. Far too close. It bothers me. I was brought up in a new town so the concept of rat problems is foreign to me. A lot of people are blaming the council's lack of urgency to cut the long grass and the reduction in refuse pick ups as a reason. Its not good either way. Someone took a photo of them on bins during the day. The fear is that no movement as yet has been made by the council so this probkem is likely to get worse. It certainly is a new normal for me this.

We are fine. We live above someone so it's unlikely it will be a problem for us. But I do feel fir those around and a little shocked to read more and more people finding them in their area. I actually found a dead one 6 weeks ago on the street. It's a problem that is going to get worse if the council's lack of urgency is anything to go buy. I've never actually experienced anything like it thankfully. A second lockdown, which is looking ever more likely, would esculate this even further which is unthinkable. 

No comments: