Friday, 25 September 2020

089 Frost

 



" Frost "

The radio said Autumn was here but it feels very much like winter. According to the voice 3 days ago was the Autumn Equinox and what I didn't know was that it marked a day of almost equal daylight and none daylight hours. The name "equinox" apparently means equal night. Its the first I had heard of that but not sure why I hadn't thought of it before given I am well aware of the shortest and longest days.

But it does feel like winter in my part of the world. Its colder indoors than out. The shorts and tshirts are gone in favour of fleece and thermals. It's as good a reason as any to stay indoors regardless of being told to do so. It's a good reason alternatively to go for long walks to get the blood pumping followed by a bowl of steaming hot soup with crispy bread. Today though I have to confess I spent most of it under a blanket reading when I was not painting the Forth bridge in the bathroom. The first time in 3 weeks I have not ventured out on a walk but I'll allow myself that as I look to recharge for the weeks ahead where I will be looking to push on. 

No comments: