The stone of Scone, the stone of destiny. It has such history for what is essentially just a lump of stone. It has been part of many royal coronations. It is rumoured to be the stone which Jacob rested his head to sleep and dream of his ladder to heaven. But its still a lump of stone. And that is probably why I didn't realise at the time I was beside it.
I was watching a documentary series last night covering many ancient things from all over the world covering Pakistan to Brazil and more. In this one part the voice over talked of the stone of destiny and the powers some believed it possessed. It got a train of thought going from coronations to hijinks theft and finally back to Scone Palace. It made me think about the Sunday in Perth 2 years ago when I got up and walked there alone. Did I see the stone? I could not remember. So I looked through old photos and thankfully found the one above. There it is- obliviously. I didn't note it. I was instead trying unsuccessfully to photograph the white peacock who was too white on a dull day to fit snuggly into the dynamic range.

No comments:
Post a Comment