Tuesday, 22 September 2020

086 Bothwell

 



" Bothwell "

I live in Blantyre which is surrounded by a number of different areas. There are big towns like Hamilton and East Kilbride as well as smaller areas like Burnbank, Halfway, Hallside, Newton, Cambuslang, Drumsagard and many others. On the whole the boundaries blur and this is probably why it took until today to realise I have not left my town this year. In fact looking back its well over a year since I was last out of Blantyre. Today when I realised that I decided I needed to change it even if it was only by feet or inches. To do so would be a psychological boost.

One clear border lies between Blantyre and Bothwell. It's clear because it is separated by a river, the Clyde, so no such ambiguity. There are only two routes in and out both by bridge. In West lies the David Livingston bridge and to the East is Bothwell Bridge. Crossing either would take me out of town for the first time in over a year so I took the former which is slightly closer and with some pushing got out of town. Its not flying across the globe but its a start in my world at least. It wasnt easy or in any way comfortable so I probably won't be rushing to do it again but hopefully in time it will become the norm again. The goal is to join both up as I used to do in a circuit so I may alternate that route to creep forward and join up at some stage hopefully. 

No comments: