Saturday, 26 September 2020

090 Anomolies

 



" Anomolies "

We tend to think nowadays if it's not on the Internet then not only does it not exist but it never existed. Sometimes though that is not the case, sometimes it is. One thing that did exist but no longer does is a post I spent an hour finger typing on my phone. That was fun!

Anyway I had this jingle in my head for years about a bee and a "Jubilee day". A song, an advert, a TV theme tune or something. Then I convinced myself it never happened because many fruitless Google searches bore no fruit. It never happened. Or did it? That was the question for a long time but now I have finally found solace in another question: does it matter?

That is the thing. When I was younger and I had a thought like that I quickly let it go. There was no way to know so no point contemplating. Now it's like a game, a puzzle. The answer has to be out there. We cannot let it go. We should, for our own sanity. 

The incident which led me here was my wife watching a short video on her phone. Not for the first time the question we both asked as a short piece of music played was: "What was that from?". And so begins the race to get to the answer first. Sone have taken minutes while others have taken days but usually we get there. One such one was an instrumental named "Nut Rocker". Most will know the tune. Quite why it was so important to know the title is lost to me now but its not easy to search for a piece of music in your head.

Anyway from this I have discovered there are anomolies. Strange ones at that. My wife as I said played a video, we recognised the music but could not recall from where. As she played I Shazamed. It came back with the track above with no picture listed as...

"Els Bandolers-La Recerca D'en Miquelet-Capitol Xxiv-Xxv (Explicit)"

From there is nothing. Not even the the original piece of music. I thought it would be easy. Play music, Shazam, note title, search and find association. Nothing. It really is one of many anomolies. And I can't let it go like I would have so easily years ago. I will keep pursuing it when I sleep and when I wake even though I know it doesn't matter. It further cements my belief that as great as technology is it has led us all to a very anxious state on the whole. 

No comments: