Wednesday, 9 September 2020

073 Calm

 



" Calm "

It would appear its not just the sea which calms me but rivers too. I stood today on a bridge over the river Clyde calm on high just watching the river flow. The journey from home to this point has been one of growing anxiety and when I arrived it was only just to touch base quickly to lay a marker and revisit for longer another day. High anxiety on arrival, calm shortly after. A good sign. It's like a grounding.

It's not the most scenic for sure the Blantyre Weir but enough to draw the some people to the bridge. Without a coastline so far in land rivers tend to be the draw. Usually not many but for some reason today there were a lot of bodies. It felt serene and also communal in some way. It was nice.

It's nice to find a place of calm, a place where the dark clouds don't follow. It's what I missed for years whem my world was a lot smaller. For this I am thankful.



No comments: