Monday, 28 September 2020

092 September Weekend

 



" September weekend "

As September weekends go this has definitely been the quietest. Partial lockdown of course has played its part. My area in Scotland is one of those under more restrictions than the rest but in truth I haven't noticed any difference. I'm OK on that score. Not like the poor students told to return to halls of residence only to the be told to stay there. I can't imagine what that is like at that age. But I do know like them I'd have ignored the order and returned home long before they were told they could- that horse had bolted long ago.

This is a time when we have gone somewhere from the moment I could. 4 years ago I had me best holiday to date which I would love to repeat some day. Mostly though it's just been up north to the in-laws. That was the plan this time too for my wife and kids but the latest covid rulings meant they had to stay at home. It has dragged. I think the kids are actually looking forward to returning to school. These times are weighing on everyone mentally. One day I hope it will be a distant memory. As bad as they are there are probably much tougher times ahead for most as the economy shoots into free fall. These quiet boring days might turn out to be some of the better ones unless something turns in the right direction for us all soon. 

No comments: