Saturday, 5 September 2020

069 In a field

 




" In a field "

I am stalling a bit I should say. There are several posts I wish to write but one finger punches on a phone for each novella just keeps me putting them off. If in the next week the loaned out of date semi-operational laptop or my own flat pack missing part laptop come to life again then I'll get on those yarns. Fir now though I continue to turn to walks and on this occasion tonight in a field.

Here there was a school not so long ago for the special needs kids. I've seen the pictures. It was not there when I started visiting the area on my way out of agoraphobia but had  been there recent enough at the time to appear on Google Maps when I scouted. Now it's just an empty field. I don't know the story but just strange to think 200 kids and teachers were spending their days here for 60 years. I like to try to feel this and picture it. I don't believe in many thinks but I do have some belief in energy residing. I do feel strong emotions can leave an imprint whether they be negative or positive. I think there are places where you can feel a change in emotion and mood inexplicably. Here there feels like something positive. It feels nice, I can't explain that. I heard Culloden is a very sad eerie place but I hold up my hand and say when I visited a few years ago I was disappointed to feel nothing. I remember also reading that Boleskine House owned by Aleister Cowley had a dark oppressive feel due to his meddling in dark arts. I do believe that. But whether these things would be experienced by someone foreign to the back story I don't know.

Stories defenitely affect perception of a place. Here I was here feeling good things. Not totally. It's a bit out the way so there is a bit of being wary about that. Then I remembered something. Around the corner are as ime caravans. A bit dodgy by all accounts. A local paper posted about how some guys from the caravans had targeted people on their own serving out a beating fir the hell of it. Some things better forgotten. Suddenly I didn't feel the good vibes. Quickly I was on my way. The scene had not changed. Nothing physically in the area had changed. Only my mind had changed. Only the story had altered from a tale of happy kids to a ring of bare knuckled thugs. As always it's not the reality. 

No comments: