I had been looking forward to a relaxing night watching the football but my daughter had other ideas. I couldn't grumble if I wanted to which I didn't. The bulk of parenting at the moment revolves around home schooling the younger two. The oldest now flies under the radar given she is a working adult now with her own life to get on with. That was until she promised her boyfriend's family she would cook for them. Why she did this I don't know but having never cooked more than a microwave meal she somehow thought that was enough to make dinner from scratch for six.
My wife would normally be the one to go to as she cooks more and better than me. On this occassion though I was called in because she had promised Mexican food. Not that difficult thankfully. So it was a couple of hours making Enchiladas from scratch and a bit of father and daughter time to boot. I just hope now it all goes well for her on Saturday when she has to cook elsewhere. To her credit she actually shopped for everything herself so she already has that to go on when she shops again on Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment