So much of lockdown reflects my own life over the past decade or so. I feel that people are getting a small taste of what my life has been like. I went from having a job and starting a family to suddenly being housebound virtually out the blue struggling to support them. Most have been stuck indoors too and can see how the novelty of not working soon wears thin when it is countered by the inability to go out and enjoy that freedom. Many know now what it's like to struggle financially and have to swallow their pride many times for a handout to get by through no fault of their own. What looks like a good gig from afar is not when you are living it.
There are many similarities. Today I went for a walk nearby and felt a bit strange because its a route I have not gone for months and as a result it felt a little unreal. Coming back I bumped into my youngest girl who was going to meet her friend do I walked her there through the park. Something I used to do daily for the primary school run. Again it felt unreal. And that unreality is something a lot of people will now be experiencing in their life fir the first time as they start to venture back out to places they have not been for a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment