My wife got her jab last week bright and early at the start of the queue. I am glad she has some sort of immunity if not right now then in time. A few weeks ago I thought that the vaccine was enough to stop any worries but apparently not. Firstly I heard a medical person on the radio saying it could take a week to build up immunity followed by someone later citing 2-3 weeks. Given the speed of no Vaccine to Vaccine with limited time for trials I would think the medical profession are learning something new about the virus and their vaccines every day. And that is without factoring in the strains we have now as well as those still to transpire. It is a real mix of concern and fascination as these boffins work around the clock to bring a peace of mind to the planet but also with risks that cannot be known. Those risks most would argue are trumped by having some sort of protection against this virus.
Wife is done now as I say and the kids don't need it. That just leaves me. It's something I have been mulling over these past couple of months. When will I be offered it and will I be able to take up that offer? It plays in my mind. An offer is likely not going to come until the summer at its earliest depending on how well things are going with the roll out, Vaccine supplies and any deviations. I'm fine with that. It's the location that is the problem. It's very unlikely I can go to a vaccination centre given agoraphobia is as bad as its ever been. What then? Not a question needing answered today of course but it will arrive at some point.
Its not a case of whether I want it or not. I do, 100%. Its just a case of logistics. I couldn't ask someone to come out to administer it when the groups vaccinating people are already working their backsides off. I will just have to wait and see how it plays out and hope in the meantime I can avoid contracting the thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment