Wednesday, 10 February 2021

227 Snow play

 



" Snow play "

A slow snow day today. The world remains white and locked down leading to nothing of much to say I am afraid. I'm feeling hemmed in again. I need to get back out for walks soon for my own state of mind and need to get the kids out too. I was shocked to find I could not remember the last time the boy was out which is ridiculous. With no school and nowhere to go the easy option has been to do nothing and allow the kids to have their faces in electronics. Ironically it is where they are at their most social. The boy sits with his headset on and I hear all the voices of his friends shouting with glee as they work through game worlds. What would life be like for kids in lockdown if there were no electronic devices? I shudder to think.

For me the only time to cut loose today was out with the dog. He didn't go far as always but he didn't have to. He burned up more than enough energy running about mad in the snow on the extended lead. It was his time to cut loose too. We all need a bit of that now and again in these current times.

No comments: