Wednesday, 3 February 2021

220 Cars

 




" Cars "

When I went for my walk today I found myself unexpectedly stationary by the roadside. It was one of those situations where I debated whether to walk back the way to the traffic lights or wait it out. I went with the latter which turned out to be the wrong choice. I was sure a gap would appear. Frustratingly gaps opened and closed quickly. Cars moving too slowly for my liking were still too quick to beat and the big gap behind them that I waited for was soon filled by something moving way too fast. And when a gap finally appeared I looked the other way to see what was clear had suddenly filled with new cars. It's just the way of it. It's like deliberating which queue to join and inevitably its the slowest.

I did get across finally. It felt like 5 minutes but probably was less than 2. I can't though remember the last time I had to wait there. This was not even rush hour as it was just 2 o clock or maybe even earlier. Why are there so many vehicles on the road? We are supposed to be in lockdown still. You would not know it. And additionally I know of many people still working away on the side- beauty mostly. It's either that or go poor. I just think the mass has given up isolating and ignoring advice. It feels like before. I just wonder if the Vaccine roll out had brought this complacency. People are though still dying. But I cannot remember the road being so busy. Not in the last year anyway. Its little wonder the mortality rate here does not make for good viewing. 

No comments: