Tuesday, 9 February 2021

226 White out

 



" White out "

When the world became a snow globe last night I expected it to pass very quickly. I knew other parts of the UK were suffering but in my town it wasnt lying. That was until I woke up this morning earlier than planned. My wife left for work at 7:30 for her on and off shift that does not end until 22:00, a long day. And that same fir the oldest girl who worked from 20:00 to 8:00 and then found the trains not running so had to walk home 4 or so miles- why she refuses to get a taxi is beyond me. So the puppy rightly decided I should not be sleeping and he should not be left along. A consistent bark inches from my face ensured my sleep lasted around 4 hours again.

Snow brings the world to a stand still. Well the roads and other transport links at least. I just cannot get going right now so feel it too. Even if u wanted to I can't go for a walk while my wife is at work as the kids no longer want to come alone and I can't leave them alone. Instead it's a long day looking out the window. I really do hope this year to find a way to work from home. I have the time and now the means but not the skills- I can learn these. The working landscape is changing for occupations that don't require travel. I'm hoping that is going to open a door for me. That is the wish for this year as I sit looking out the window watching the flurries. 

No comments: