Monday, 8 February 2021

225 The quiet

 



" The quiet "

It got dark and snow started to fall. Not with any vigour though. In fact as strange as it sounds at one point snow was rising not falling. The kids took some delight in this. Flakes were small and light and when silhoutted in from of the street light outside our window we could see the wind was pushing the flaked up. Very bizarre but true.

It never lay in those first hours but later gently began to as the temperature began to fall. That is when I took out the dog for another frustrating walk. As overly busy as the daylight is the dark brings the quiet. It should be perfect for the dog as it is for me but still with nothing around he stops in his tracks rigidly looking behind him, a memory of something bad no doubt. I feel calm. I'd love to walk and walk. There is no one around and vehicles pass infrequently. A calm, a quiet and solace in the dark. I heard its a time more and more people are choosing to go their walks in their bubbles. I can understand why. I just wish the dog would enjoy it too. 

No comments: