A doff of the cap to all those pictures I did not take but wanted to. Times when it felt inappropriate or I felt it lacked respect to do so. Where someone else would barge to the front without a care I tend to go without if I think it would adversely affect someone else. I've had many of those which have left me feeling a little frustrated. Equally though I know had I got the camera or phone out I would have felt bad about it.
There have been many cases over the course but I'm struggling to remember them all. One recent one is a garden at the top of our street. It's disgusting. Given sightings of rats last year it is appalling that there is a garden filled with unbinned rubbish including lots of used disposable nappies. These are council owned flats and it's one of several residencies there who use a garden as others would use a bin. I've been tempted several times to take photos but felt guilty each time.
Strangely very close to that today two hearses passed me and pulled into a street lined by people. Most unusual. My initial thought was covid but many had pink balloons. I had an urge to take a photo as I stopped but didn't as people were looking on. I almost did though as a delivery driver showing zero respect pulled up behind the stationary hearse, could not pass for the open door and decided it was too much hassle to reverse out do mounted thee pavement to get by. I really should have got the phone out at that point.
There are many instances where this blog is in my head and I see the picture but it feels morally wrong. I think I'm doing the right thing there. I don't like carrying guilt around and that is what would happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment