Wednesday, 28 April 2021

304 Chewed

 


" Chewed "

Once can happen. Twice is probably preventable. Three times shows a lack of care. I am referring to the chewing of bank cards which is becoming a fairly common occurrence nowadays. The first one was my daughter who left her handbag on the floor and the dog was away with the card- still she leaves the bag there. Second time was daughter again but this time from a jacket she had not hung up. Likewise my wife dumped her jacket on the bed and he was away with a 3rd card. I despair.

We are OK though because we have a joint account so I just gave my wife my card while we wait for a replacement. It got me wondering though what a person would do who lives alone. Usually it's 5 working days for a replacement to arrive so how does a person survive in this new cashless society? I don't know if there are alternative ways of getting by in the meantime but if they are via the bank then that is all the harder given most branches are shut outwith cities. It makes me wonder whether people should be given 2 cards as standard or maybe even have 2 accounts running side by side. 

No comments: