Sunday, 25 April 2021

301 Guard dog

 



" Guard dog "

Today was a bit of a change for all of us including the dog. Prior to Lockdown we didn't get a lot of visitors but obviously through it we have had no one at all. Today my wife let the oldest have her boyfriend around. I will say I was against it but what does my opinion matter any more? I left them to it. That's all I'll say. But there was a problem. The dog has basically never had anyone come in. That was a concern.

We knew mostly what to expect. Of course there would be barking. Would there be biting though? That has always been our concern. We considered the muzzle but decided instead just to keep a hold of him when the boy was in the vicinity. It turned out better than expected. Dog went bananas but also over time got close without a muzzle and there was no biting- thankfully. Still I could not settle but its a start at least. Its trying to balance giving the dog exposure and not too much that he might be frightened enough to react. That has to start somewhere and so hopefully this is it.

One note. The pic above is not my dog but the one I used to look after. The image seemed more apt than any I could take. 

No comments: