Saturday, 17 April 2021

293 21-21

 



" 21-21 "

With my wife and oldest away the bulk on noise was removed. The younger girl spent most of the day on the laptop and boy playing games with his pals on the PlayStation. I sat down and watched the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral. I didn't think I'd be typing that this time last week.

I found it very poignant. I found it very much more personal than the usual pomp. I felt a connection I don't normally feel. This was a family in mourning. Watching the Queen sitting alone in church with head down praying brought a sadness. 73 years passed and now over. It is very sad that people like myself are only seeing now all the good the Duke done in his life. Only now do I hear the words of love, respect and admiration from all those who's lives he touched. It felt very much like the end of something or the nearing the end of it. 

No comments: